👻 32-bit Cafe Halloween '23 Event 🍬
2023.10.11 - 2023.10.25
🦇 This event is now over! Thanks to everyone to participated in any manner- big or small!
🧛 Trick or treat! To get into the spirit of the season, we're hosting a community event with a bunch of ways to participate. Feel free to participate as many times as you'd like! The deadline to submit is October 25, so we can have some time to collect the submissions before Halloween.
This page supports the "prefers reduced motion" setting, click this to know how to turn that on.
- Windows 10: Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Show animations in Windows.
- Windows 11: Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > Animation Effects
- macOS: System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Reduce motion.
- iOS: Settings > Accessibility > Motion.
- Android 9+: Settings > Accessibility > Remove animations.
- Firefox about:config: Add a number preference called ui.prefersReducedMotion and set its value to either 0 for full animation or to 1 to indicate a preference for reduced motion.
- For other systems just use your search engine of choice!
How to Participate!
- Create a Halloween-themed webpage - 🍭 Make it a trick or a treat-- it's up to you! Follow this prompt in any way you'd like! 🦇
- Make Pixel Art* - Feel free to freestyle your own or use one of the templates provided below. If you choose a template from a pixel club, check out their rules to ensure you meet their requirements, then you can submit it for this event and the pixel club! We checked with all these club owners to make sure it's okay to submit your art to both ahead of time.
- How to use the following templates!
- Right click (PC) or Hold and press (Mobile) image then click 'Save image'! You can also click each template to open it in another tab.
- Edit in program of choice- please save with a transparent image!
- Pixel Clubs: Please check any templates you choose to see if it links to a pixel club and check for any rules in advance!
- Note: Hovering over the templates will show you who contributed it! It will also link directly to their page when clicking it.
- Grow a pumpkin for the community pumpkin patch
- Brew a spooky concotion
- Tea Template from Afternoon Tea | Glass & Cocktail Template by Mouse | Can, Glass Bottle, Plastic Bottle, Ramune Bottle, and Milk Carton from Fizzy Vendor | 2 Pills from Pill Party | 2 Pills from Pixel Revival
- Decorate a tasty treat to give out
- Cupcake & Candy Apple Template by Mouse
- Find a familiar
- Bunny Templates from Bunny Garden
- Kitty Templates from Kitty Friends Pixel Club | Nyanbo Template from Nyanbo Atsume
- Kindness Rocks from Pixel Revival
- Ward off bad luck
- Decorate a haunted home
- Room Template from Teeny Towers - please keep PG-13! | Pocket House Template from Pocket Town | Lava Lamp Template from Lava Lounge
- Make a halloween-themed sticker following the Sticker Sheet Club guidelines!
- Curate a spooky playlist - Help set the vibes for the season 🎵
- Optional: Use the CD Templates by CDwORLD for a cute pixel for your playlist! Visit the linked page for more guidance on how to use it!
Starts midnight, localtime, on October 11th, running through 11:59pm, localtime, October 25th. This is arbitrary and loose, but try to keep it within this window!
I don't have a site. Can I still participate?
Yes, you can still participate! This is a great opportunity to create a homepage though so you may receive proper credit, and two weeks is a good amount of time to get started. There is a guide to creating your own website here: https://32bit.cafe/cyowebsite/
Ready to submit? Submission period over
Be sure to include how you'd like to be credited for the creation (username, link to site, etc.) if you want it to be attributed. A page will be assembled to compile all submissions. An archive will be made available after a short while for offline use.
Thanks to everyone to participated in any manner- big or small!
Pixel art submissions have been attributed with a link to the creator's site or with the creator's name/handle if no website link is provided. By "adopting" any of these from the event, one must agree to link back to the creator listed on the event page or credit them by name if not provided.